|Careers in massage therapy are deeply rewarding, offering the satisfaction of knowing that one’s work helps others live life more fully. Licensed massage therapists are health professionals and play essential roles in the healing process. Our intensive one-year training programs equip our students to test successfully for licensure. Students may enroll either in our private program or in the Massage Therapy Program of Southwestern Illinois College.
The School of Massage is an Illinois State Board of Education-approved massage therapy school preparing our students for professional licensure and a rewarding career in body-centered therapies. Our mission is to instill within our students the highest level of professional integrity, confidence, skill, compassion, professionalism, and personal development.
• Illinois State Superintendent of Education: certificate of approval to operate
as a private vocational school
• Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs, approval to provide training for
U.S. Armed Forces veterans
• The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork,
recognition as an educational institution and provider of continuing education
• The American Massage Therapy Association Council of Schools
• The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
• The Association of Bodywork Massage Professionals, member
The Body Therapy Center prides itself on its student/teacher ratio, 30 to 1 for class lectures and 10 to 1 for class labs. This formula is key to the effectiveness of our instruction and our programs’ integrity.
The School of Massage offers two instructional programs in massage therapy. The Southwestern Illinois College program is a 36-credit-hour, one-year certificate program that can be completed in three semesters. A second year of advanced study leads to an associate’s degree in applied science. The private program is more intensive and can be completed in one year.