This course is taught by Michael J. Shea, PhD.
Part Two- 26 continuing education hours
July 18 to 21, 2019
Thur.-Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 9am-3pm
This is a two-part course.
Participants must have completed Part One in July 2018 or March 2019.
A certificate from the Pinto-Shea Cranial Institute will be awarded upon completion.
The course fee is $750 for both parts. ($700 with a registration 30 day or more in advance.)
This training is a revision of traditional courses on the bones and membranes of the cranium. Students will learn a revised 10 step protocol used most frequently in worldwide research that proves the benefits of Craniosacral Therapy. Students will learn the current 10 step protocol that is most effective with their clients.
1. Techniques and neuroanatomy of the face, mouth and temporomandibular joint space -
ethmoid bone, vomer, maxilla and mandible bones.
2. Neuroanatomy and physiology of the 12 pairs of cranial nerves. The polyvagal system
and the social engagement system in the therapeutic relationship.
3. Neurophysiology of the cerebrospinal fluid and the blood brain barrier in craniosacral
4. Techniques and anatomy for the fasciae of the neck, hyoid bone and cricoid cartilage.
5. Techniques and anatomy for the atlantooccipital joint space: releasing the jugular
To register for any CE classes, use the form on the CE page or contact Tamara Bivin by phone: Office 618-239-6400, Cell/Text 618-401-1656